Friday, November 6, 2009

Dressed for Success

Like most guys, I'm not really into clothing. Sure, I like to look good, but I'm not adverse to wearing my favorite shirt or jeans for a solid decade. During my single years, I think I did a pretty good job making myself look presentable. That's actually a pretty remarkable feat. From what I've seen in family photos, my Mom had me constantly sporting some combination of Larry Bird shorts, and old man polo shirt, and tube socks.

In my college and early professional years, I rebounded into a phase I'd like to call cool casual. My wife tends to disagree. To her this was an unfortunate time where I opted for clothes that were too baggie and sandals that channeled my inner Moses. As a result, I realized recently that she has almost completely taken control of my wardrobe. What started as a birthday gift here or a Christmas present there has become a complete overhaul. I think I even wore something like this out to dinner last week.

We often hear the phrase "grow up and be a man." With respect to clothes, I feel like the phrase should be "grow up and be treated like a child."

No comments:

Post a Comment